I work as a production sound mixer and sound designer. I like both worlds and I believe that a great sound track has to start with the script.
- 2016 Won for best sound design at German film academy awards for ‘A Hologram for the King’
- 2016 Nominated for ‘Colonia’ best sound design German academy awards
- 2015 Nomination German Academy Awards best sound design for ‘Citizenfour’
- 2015 ‘Citizenfour’ Oscar win for best documentary feature film
- 2015 Nominated for an MPSE Golden Reel Award for ‘Citizenfour’
- 2014 Nominated for a BAFTA-Award for ‘Rush’
- 2014 Nominated AMPS award for excellence in sound for ‘Rush’
- 2014 Satellite Awards nominated for best sound editing on ‘Rush’
- 2013 Nominated for best sound design on Cloud Atlas by the German Film Academy
- 2011 Award for best sound design at forumton.de for Drei
- 2011 Drei nominated for best sound design at the German Academy Awards
- 2008 Die drei Räuber nominated for best sound design at the German Academy Awards
- 2007 Lola ( German Film Academy Award) for best sound design on Perfume – Story of a Murderer
- Expert at the Sound Panel at the Danish Film School Copenhagen in 2016
- Training expert since 2013 for the Berlinale Talents sound studio workshops and 2016 Talents Beirut
- I’ve worked for the Berlinale Score Competition in 2004 with mentor Walter Murch as a creative consultant and technical supervisor for the participants.
- 2010 Lecturer on sound design at the art school Berlin Weissensee.
- Lecturer at various events and conventions on the sound design of Perfume
- Various workshops at Film university Potsdam Babelsberg
Directors I’ve worked with:
Justin Kurzel, Ron Howard, Tom Tykwer, Lana & Andy Wachowski, Anton Corbijn, Paul W.S. Anderson, Wolfgang Becker, Romuald Karmakar, Angela Schanelec, Sebastian Schipper, Uli Edel, Nicolette Krebitz, Jan Schütte, Dror Zahavi, Thomas Stiller, Maria von Heland, Valeska Grisebach and many more.
- ProTools HD (768 track DAW)
- 7.1 studio Meyer Sound EXP Acheron screen speakers.
- Secondary monitors: Meyersound Amie
- Xilica Neutrino speaker management controller.
- Digidelivery GT Server for high speed encrypted file transfers (my System was used on Inglourious Basterds, The International , “Henri IV” and many other productions). It´s directly connected to a backbone wich means there is no local bottle-neck.
- Plug-Ins (too many to list)
- Symbolic Sound Kyma
- Extensive library with thousands of own recordings
- One of the best foley studios is next door .
- Surround rig for ambience recordings
- Lots of mics, portable recorders
- Download Transfer memo as PDF project transfer specs
I’m happy to communicate via encrypted e-mail here’s my PGP-key.
Fingerprint: 094A 11C1 F46A 18FA 1218 AB1C 4D13 289C CA53 237E